Monday, 26 March 2012

Horny sculptors.

I'm sure like a lot of guys who have spent a lot of time using their imagination for whatever reason, when doodling, I do tend to draw womens bodies a lot. I've only sculpted very few for some reason. I think it's mainly because i'm a little worried about creeping my girlfriend out with my fetishised visions of the female form. When we lived in Japan, she really didn't like the fetishised resin kits we'd see while I dragged her patient tush around Akihabara. Haha. I remember once I came out of shop and she was swearing at some guy for muttering under his breath. I do love her.
But as all girlfriends of eccentrics will appreciate, I am what I am.

MEL BIRNKRANT



Anyway, this link was recently posted on my favourite Micronauts group: http://melbirnkrant.com/sketchbook/page14.html
I'm a big fan of the Outer Space Men line, and will confess to collecting sci-fi and fantasy women in action figure form where possible (Golden Girls being a recent interest). This figure instantly gave me that same excitement that Robert Crumb's stuff did the first time I saw it - WOW! "No apologies, this is what it is". Awesome. Our imagination is the only place people can't f with. My mate Bryan form the Micronauts group gave me an education on Mel Birnkrant and his influences. I love the internet - when i was a kid i paid 20 pounds for a Robert Crumb book and that was all I could justify paying.


JOHN CEBOLLERO

A couple of days ago I came accross the amazing talent of John Cebollero. His paintings are great enough but his sculpture is very inspirational.
When time allows, i am definitely adding a series of hot ass old style fantasy girl action figures to my list of projects (making it number 4) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment