Wednesday 30 April 2014

Street Trash (Inspired Minifigures)


Heyooooooo!

Thanks for reading this blog. For those of us in the toymaker community sat uncomfortably between KidRobot rip-offs and politically ironic 3.75s it's often an incestuous, nerdy, lonesome and under-exposed world where the wrong things go right and the right things go wrong.

Anyway, have you seen Street Trash? Yeah?! Then this will make perfect sense.

A few years ago, when VHS became cheap thanks to DVD, my housemate and I built a good collection of cult horror VHS such as Street Trash, Braindead, and Savage Streets. Weird how rare Troma VHS always seemed to be here in the UK.

Anyway, Street Trash naturally appealed to everything I like. Really witty, well made, good characters, and utterly disgusting. So I've made this rubber MIMP inspired mini as tribute. Available right here: http://bigmantoys.bigcartel.com/product/street-trash-inspired-toilet-guy

Most of them are neon colored rubber but I've found time to do a handful of handpainted. Really pleased with these little turds. Based off the cover to the VHS copy I have.
If you're into minifigs and you haven't seen the film, I'd encourage you to see it. There's a lot of the DNA that inspires this vague 80s horror gore revival thing that seems to be happening (and I'm happy to see).






ALSO! I'm dropping a handful of neon rubber Treegarr Saplings. Limited to 5, one time only, and FREE subject to conditions, as of tomorrow night.




















Additionally, I'm working my knackers off on the quiet with an onslaught of 5.5 projects that i've got reason to be excited about. I love making my minis and I personally thought Burning Chop is the toy the world needed, but there's something so satisfying about making a figure then being able to pose it next to a MOTU and have it look in place.

4 comments:

  1. Great piece man! Really liking the grit and tie to good ol practical effect riddled gore flicks. Guess I haven't actually caught this particular gem, need to rectify that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luke! Yeah it's a hidden treasure for sure.

      Delete
  2. Woah! This one deserves a spot with the Critter!

    ReplyDelete